REBELCHAPTER4X4.COM • <!-- IF S_IN_MCP -->Moderator Control Panel • <!-- ELSEIF S_IN_UCP -->{ UCP } • <!-- ENDIF -->View topic - Calico fun

REBELCHAPTER4X4.COM

"The Rebel Chapter of the Off Road World"
Home Page Home Page Home Page

Register
Login 

Delete all board cookies

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Home Page Home Page  [ 1 post ] 
Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Calico fun
PostPosted: November 16th, 2011, 10:11 pm 

Rig Type: Jeep
Sierra club member ?: no
First Name: Art
We hit up Calico last week, during the week had the whole place to ourselves.
Calico was a fun little trip, Gate Keeper got tackled, little rough on my fancy rear fenders other than that it was not as bad as I thought. After running trying out the keyslot thing we ran Doran the other way. Then on to Odessa fun too, ground a bunch of rubber of the raggedy krawlers tried to go straight up the back wall got close on the first try, should not have stopped. Tried going up the side almost made that, just not enough steering travel, will have to fix that soon. So running up the backwall is still on my bucket list, Jeep did not feel light in the front, while working through all my shenanigans, that part of Odessa was fun none the less. Going down a climb backwards with the engine running backwards is kinda cool. After that we knocked out Wall street and from there putted back to the trailers. All in all a really fun day in the desert. Had a nice breakfast at Peggy Sue's, great weather almost no dust, just doesn't get better than that

Home Page Home Page  [ 1 post ]